Info, Rules & Regulations 2023/2024
Please click here to download the following GDC Studio Policies document.
● September 18 2023 – Classes Begin
● October 2-7 2023 – Bring a friend to dance week (by pre sign up only)
● October 9 2023 – Thanksgiving – No Classes
● October 14 – Trial period over for recreational programs
● December 8 2023 – Tentative date for Christmas recital (At John Elliott Theatre) – recreational classes only
● December 19 – January 6 (inclusive) – Christmas Break – No Classes
● January 8 2024 – Classes resume
● February 19 2024 – Family Day – No Classes
● March 1 2024– Tentative Competitive PreShow (competitive classes only)
● March 11-16 2024 (inclusive) – March Break – No Classes
● April 1 2024 – Easter Monday – Classes Running
● May 20 2024 – Victoria Day – No Classes
● June 3 2024 – Last Day of Classes
● June 6 2024 – Tentative Dress rehearsal – All full season recreational dancers – John Elliott Theatre, Georgetown
● June 7-8 – Tentative Year End Recital dates – all full season dancers – John Elliott Theatre, Georgetown
● June 10 & 11 – Tentative photo dates
*all classes subject to change or cancellation
*classes cancelled due to inclement weather will not be rescheduled
PAYMENT OF FEES
A NON-REFUNDABLE registration fee of $25 per family is payable upon registration.
Recreational students have a trial period until the 14th of October. During this trial period there is a financial commitment of the non refundable $25 registration fee as well as payment for all enrolled classes up to and including October 14th. If a student wishes to discontinue at the end of the trial period, the parent(s) must contact the dance studio on or before October 14th via email only. After October 14th the dancer is committed to the class they are enrolled in for the remainder of the season. With this the parent(s)/guardian are committed to the full season of tuition as well as costume fees and any other fees that are listed on their studio statement. This is available to the parent(s) at any time. There are no refunds/credits of any kind. Please remember that young children are often intimidated by new situations and should complete the entire trial period before any final decisions are made.
Competitive students have a commitment date of September 14th. If a student wishes to discontinue before the commitment period, the parent(s) must contact the dance studio ON OR BEFORE September 14th via email only. As September 15th the dancer is committed to the class they are enrolled in for the remainder of the season. With this the parent(s)/guardian are committed to the full season of tuition as well as costume fees and any other fees that are listed on their studio statement. This is available to the parent(s) at any time. There are no refunds/credits of any kind. Please remember that young children are often intimidated by new situations and should complete the entire trial period before any final decisions are made. In cases of illness or injury the studio may issue a credit to be applied to the next year’s tuition. Doctor’s notes are required for the credit to be issued.
● Tuition for the full season is due upon registration
● Payments for tuition only can be split into 10 equal payments dated from August 1st – May 1
● If you choose our interest free payment plan, payment is due by the 15th of each month
● A missed payment will result in a 3% charge on all overdue balances.
● Costume fees are due in full by December 1st and cannot be combined into a payment plan
● E-transfer – sent to: email@example.com
● Cheque – there is a $20 service fee for all dishonoured cheques
● Credit card (through your online account 3.05%+$.30 service fees apply to all credit card transactions)
All non-competitive dancers have the opportunity to participate in our annual Christmas Recital. Each dancer will get a signature GDC Christmas tee that they will wear for ALL routines ($10/tee).
YEAR END RECITAL
All students are welcome to participate in our year-end recital. Students must have excellent attendance and practice their routines. Students must understand that they are part of a team and that once they have committed to participating, it is important that they fulfill their commitments. Students are expected to attend 80% of the classes in order to participate in the recital
● Dancers are expected to attend their last 3 classes before recitals
● Students who are not participating in the recital must notify the studio via email only by December 1st.
● Beginner & primary level classes have costume fees of $80/costume.
● Jr – Teen level costume fees as well as Acro II/III have costume fees of $85/costume
● Year end costume fees are non-refundable and due December 1st.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The following information is a guideline of Georgetown Dance Company and its team of staff and teachers. It is subject to change at the discretion of Management as they see fit. *Parents are responsible for picking up their child immediately after their dance class has finished. *Parents are to remain outside of the classroom and are not permitted to enter the classroom for any reason.
*Dancers are expected to respect the dress code that is posted on our website and outlined in our Studio Policies.
*Georgetown Dance Company does not tolerate fighting, bullying, theft and vandalism.
*Dancers and Parents are expected to demonstrate and encourage positive behaviour and attitudes. Georgetown Dance Company is a family orientated environment that aims for the utmost excellence in welcoming, and creating a safe place for all dancers and families. Please help us keep the studio in such regard.
*Dancers and Parents are encouraged to continue positive, encouraging behaviour throughout social media.
*All requests of conversations with teachers must be set up by appointment via email.
*If weather conditions are poor, please contact the studio after 2pm. A message on the studio answering machine will announce any cancellations, postponements or classes moved to online platforms. A studio email will also be sent. If there is no message or email, please assume classes are still running. Please use your own judgment during poor weather – we ask that you do not put your child’s or your own health and safety at risk. Classes postponed or moved to an online platform for any reason will not be refunded. This will only happen due to poor weather conditions, severe studio wide illness, government issued closure, safety concerns for the wellbeing of the students and teachers.
*No refunds/credits are given to dancers who miss classes for any reason.
*Dancers who are ill need to remain outside the studio until they are well again.
*Dancers with head lice need to remain outside the studio for at least 8 days for full treatment. Or may return 48 hours after first treatment and proof of visit to head lice clinic.
*Dancers with pink eye must remain out of the studio until after 24 hours of being on doctors prescribed eye drops OR there are no symptoms *Submit your dancer’s absence online through your studio portal.
*There is to be no food in any areas of the studio except for the lunch room. Bringing food into change rooms is prohibited.
*Only water is permitted for dancers during their class time.
*Georgetown Dance Company is a Peanut Free building.
*Please label all dance shoes, dancewear and water bottles with your dancer’s name.
*All articles of clothing, dance shoes, and reusable water bottles left in the class after the class has ended will be placed in the lost and found bin. Please check this regularly as it is donated monthly.
*Communication is vital. Parents are expected to check their email regularly as newsletters and updates are sent out on a regular basis.
*It is the responsibility of the parent to update their current email address, phone number, home address etc with Georgetown Dance Company.
*There will be absolutely no fundraising done on an individual basis or on behalf of Encore Dance Studio and/or other students.
*All fundraising money goes towards dance related costs for your dancer only. This means tuition, costumes, GDC gear, rehearsals fees, entry fees etc. This does NOT include ticket purchase for any recitals, DVD’s etc. Any remaining balance will be carried over to the following season and held for only one season. No refunds/credits/transfers will be given for unused fundraising monies.